State police at Schuylkill Haven
State police at Schuylkill Haven reported on the following arrests made by troopers at Schuylkill County:
• On June 26 at 10:09 p.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop at West Market and N. 19th Street, in Pottsville, for a traffic violation. The driver, Cody Adams, 30, of Orwigsburg, was found in possession of methamphetamine and drug paraphernalia.
• On June 27 at 1:37 a.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop of a 2007 Chevrolet at Long Run Road and Kraft Lane in North Manheim Township, for a traffic violation. It was determined that the driver, Edward Sorokach, 55, of Orwigsburg, was operating the vehicle while under the influence of alcohol.
• On July 8 troopers were dispatched to Village Road, Orwigsburg, in West Brunswick Township, for a report of a string of thefts from motor vehicles on both Village Road and Laurel Road. The thefts occurred between July 7 at 11 p.m. and July 8 at 6 a.m.
Various items were taken from the vehicles. Total value of the missing items was set at $1,865.
• On July 3 troopers were dispatched to Natale Court in Pine Grove Township for a report of a theft. It was determined that a 19-year-old man from Girardville, had four tires/rims removed from his 2007 Subaru Outback. Value of the missing items was set at $400.
Troopers reported they are investigating the theft of a Stihl model chain saw from the Pennsylvania Game Commission. The theft occurred along Rockland Drive in West Brunswick Township, sometime between June 18 and July 2. Value of the items is $662.
• On July 3 at 3:05 p.m. troopers conducted a traffic stop of a Nissan Altima along Route 61 at Locust Road in Deer Lake borough, for a vehicle code violation. The driver was identified as Bayron Lanier, 34, of Philadelphia. A check revealed that the vehicle had been reported stolen out of Philadelphia.
Lanier was taken into custody and charged with receiving stolen property and related counts. He was arraigned before a district judge. Records indicate he is currently an inmate in the county prison in Pottsville.